Mar 1, 2012

Keratosis Pilaris

Posted by Goldi on Mar 1, 2012 at 3:36 PM
I haven't really given much thought about the white bumps on my chest because all along I thought it's normal. I have these tiny white spots on my chest and a few in the upper part of my arms where it meets with my shoulder blade. I wasn't really bothered about it because it's not painful nor itchy and probably because of that, I don't notice it at all. Besides, I'm not the kind who always had those parts exposed. However, they do feel rough and bumpy so my skin on those parts aren't really smooth, though they don't really feel dry. It was only when my husband took notice of it that I have given it attention. Actually I would have ignored it if he just pointed it out once, but it already happened on several occasions so I decided to do a search in Google about it and possibly do something to clear this out. I searched tiny white spots on the chest, chicken skin on the chest, and tiny white bumps in the chest. These are the keywords I used to find what I'm looking for because it's the closest description to what I have.

And here's what I found:
Keratosis pilaris

Keratosis pilaris (KP, also follicular keratosis) is a common, autosomal dominant, genetic follicular condition that is manifested by the appearance of rough bumps on the skin. It most often appears on the back and outer sides of the upper arms (though the lower arms can also be affected), and can also occur on the thighs, hands, and tops of legs, flanks, buttocks, or any body part except glabrous skin (like the palms or soles of feet). Less commonly, lesions appear on the face, which may be mistaken for acne.

While KP resembles goose bumps, it is characterized by the appearance of small rough bumps on the skin. As a result, many people with keratosis pilaris do not know they have it, and it is often confused with acne.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I checked the Google images with Keratosis pilaris and was surprised to find images that looks really close to what I have. Below are just some of the photos I got that looks closest to how mine looks right now:







And here's my own photo:

Could this be Keratosis Pilaris? I want to get rid of this! If it's not, I don't care whatever it is as long as i can find a solution. I've read that there are skin care products out there that can at least minimize its appearance, if not totally get rid of it and i have to get those! Now I'd be on the search for some kind of product for this, probably a soap, or lotion, or topical cream.

Who else got this? Maybe you can recommend something I can use to vanish this out. Help :(.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

sis, i saw your link in GT. same tayo may ganto rin ako sa sa chest ko, :(

Goldi said...

Hi sis,

Thanks for dropping by. Actually hanggang ngayon meron pa nga din T_T. My search for a solution is still in progress. I'm currently trying some soaps, baka makuha kaso wala pa ko nakikitang improvement. Now ko lang nakita comment mo sorry. Hopefully nga maka-update na din ako dito e. Let me know din pag may suggestion ka. I'll let you know if I find something that works for me, baka pwede mo i-try. Thanks and God bless

Dona said...

Please, can you tell me if you were ever able to find out what this is? I have the exact same condition, but nothing I have found has given me any answers on the cause or name of it. Without those, it makes it very difficult to treat. Thank you in advance for any information you can give me! I can't afford to go to a dermatologist. Blessings to you!

 

Goldi Notes Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog