Jan 21, 2011

Google Ads: So That is why you're not approving me

Posted by Goldi on Jan 21, 2011 at 1:52 PM
I've been fussing about how it's taking a while for Google AdSense to review and approve my registration. I thought at first that they have ignored it. Turns out I was the one who ignored their notices. They have been sending me emails pala as to why my registration takes a while to get approved. Actually, they have denied my registration twice already.

First email, on December 24, 2010--the day I signed up for an AdSense account:
Thank you for your interest in Google AdSense. Unfortunately, after reviewing your application, we're unable to accept you into Google AdSense at this time.

We did not approve your application for the reasons listed below.
Issues:
- Page type
---------------------
Further detail:
Page type: Your website is a type of website that we do not currently accept into our program. Such websites include, but are not limited to, chat sites, sites that drive traffic through cybersquatting, and sites that use excessive keywords in the content or code of their pages.

Okay??? So it's my "page type". They did not specify as to what type of page they saw my blog is, but I'm sure it's not any of the page types they cited as any of the types they currently do not accept in their program. I mean, how could my site possibly be a cybersquatter? I am aware that my blog domain is quite common but I've purely thought of that and it just so happened that the address was available when I first signed it up so I saved it for myself. And how could I be cybersquatting when no other popular website registered the name for them? Just because I am an individual I am no longer entitled to have a very easy to remember domain name? It doesn't make sense. I googled "noted thoughts" while I was writing this part of my post and voila! I did find a site that registered the name noted thoughts for them, which is about media. However, I saw that they have it registered just last year. I had this domain since October 2008, that's when I first got it and here's the proof. So if there's anyone who'd be cybersquatting, I don't think that's me.

My site's not even a chat site, and I don't actively drive traffic. I just let them come. And I don't think I use excessive keywords in the content or code in my page even if it's no longer relevant in my posts. Like I said, not [HYPER]actively driving traffic.

I mentioned I didn't notice these emails so I actually just got to read them now. So before, I just re-registered the moment I noticed an abnormality. Then came the second email, January 20, 2011:

Thank you for your interest in Google AdSense. Unfortunately, after reviewing your application, we're unable to accept you into Google AdSense at this time.

We did not approve your application for the reasons listed below.

Issues:
- Unacceptable site content
---------------------
Further detail:
Unacceptable site content: Your website contains content that we do not
allow at this time. Please review our policies (https://www.google.com/adsense/policies?hl=en_US) for a complete list of site content not allowed on web pages.

So now they can't accept my site content? C'mon... I especially made this blog for "everyone's" eyes, and I mean EVERY ONE, ANY ONE. I am always very careful at making this suitable for all audience to the point that the entries can still be "child-friendly" and that's also the reason why I don't blog much, because I'm being very careful in publishing contents in this blog. So again, it doesn't make sense what would be unacceptable in any of my writings. There are other bloggers there who haven't written any single blog post without profanity and yet they have google ads flashing in their pages.

I wouldn't be making such a big deal out of this if not for the ridiculous reasons they've given me for not accepting my registration. It's okay if they don't want advertise in my page, but it's actually the fact that I think they're not being fair with me. But okay, if they really don't want to flash their ads here, what can I do? I wouldn't want to change my blog address just because of that, because I was the first to get this in the first place, right??? I could've been the owner of that business with the name Noted Thoughts for God's sake! So not fair.

I hope Nuffnang doesn't get me into this kind mess. So far, I see they're blogger friendly. Thank you.

0 comments:

 

Goldi Notes Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog